Ratnaprabha will be teaching a six week evening class on ‘Practical Buddhism’, starting Wednesday 5 November. The emphasis is on using Buddhist teachings and methods in real daily life. Book here.
Prerequisites: students should have learnt the basic meditation practices, and have done them for at least a few weeks. You don’t need to know anything about Buddhism.
- Week one: Introductory, the Three Jewels, the place of the Awakened one.
- Week two: The Dharma 1: practical Buddhist ethics.
- Week three: The Dharma 2: meditation. The place of meditation in Buddhism.
- Week four: The Dharma 3: wisdom, uncovering reality.
- Week five: The meaning of Sangha, finding a Sangha; the WLBC Sangha.
- Week six: The value of devotional practice, and summary.
We will move to a new larger building in December, and we have ideas for reaching more people with meditation and the Dharma. See here for Paramananda’s thoughts on new projects, outreach, and residential communities, as well as a wishlist for the new centre; lots of help and donations are needed! And here is his very personal talk on why Buddhist Centres can bring real benefit.
Sangha night has a varying Buddhist theme, and is open to all who have learnt meditation. 7-9:30 every Tuesday. Current theme ‘Going on retreat’.
21 October Kamalashila
A weekend retreat led by Jinananda and Bodhilila. For more details and to book see here.
A day of meditation and mindfulness, suitable for newcomers or those wishing to reconnect with their meditation practice. Booking and details here.
Come and enjoy one of our six week meditation courses for newcomers.
A great way to start or develop your practice as well as meet other practitioners in a relaxed and conducive environment.
More details and booking here