Introduction to Meditation
- Mon Apr 16th 2018
- 7:15 pm
- 9:30 pm
- Booking required
- £120 Full waged / £80 Part waged / £40 Unwaged
Six Mondays 16 April – 21 May 7.15-9.30pm
Meditation can transform your life for the better. If you’re after a lively and accessible grounding in the key principles, led by experienced teachers in a supportive group, this is the course for you.
The course takes a practical approach, so you can apply it straight away and feel the benefits in your life – benefits such as:
- physical relaxation and better body awareness, with all of the health benefits that can bring
- a sense of ease and spaciousness in daily life
- greater clarity of thinking and ability to concentrate
- a sense of perspective, leading to better judgement and more effective decision-making
- greater emotional positivity and robustness, with benefits to relationships of all kinds
- greater receptivity to the beauty, interest and meaning in life
You’ll receive a thorough introduction to two powerful practices, the mindfulness of breathing and the cultivation of loving kindness, in more depth than is possible in drop-in classes. There are guided meditations, accompanied by instruction in the underlying principles, and time for questions and discussion, with full notes provided for you to take away.
Covering basics like posture and techniques for working with your mind, the course sets you up to carry on practising after the course if you want to, and is an excellent preparation for any of our “going deeper” meditation courses or weekend retreats. You don’t have to be a Buddhist to meditate or to do this course, but if you’re interested, it’s also a great complement to our Buddhism courses.
The easiest way to book is online - just click the button below.
Please make sure you have read all the details of the event, have made sure you are eligible to attend (eg for 'going deeper' events) and are willing to make any commitments that are required (eg to turn off your phone on a retreat).
Bookings are fully refundable up to 7 days in advance. After that we cannot usually offer refunds.
You can also book in person at the Centre, or by sending a cheque payable to West London Buddhist Centre along with your name, email and phone number and the name and date of the event to:
The West London Buddhist Centre,
45a Porchester Rd,
London W2 5DP
Please include your name, email and phone number with your booking.