Dharma Night (Online)
- Tue Jan 4th 2022
- 7:00 pm
- 9:00 pm
- Booking not required
- Suggested donation £10
The Dharma Night class is a chance to explore Buddhism and meditation through a rolling programme of presentations and small group discussions. Open to all who have learnt meditation. A Buddhism course is a good way in to this class, but you are very welcome whether or not you have done a course. You can listen to recordings of some of the talks at www.freebuddhistaudio.com.
**NEW THEME**: The Voyage of Seven-point Mind Training (over ten weeks)
We can’t always control the events of our life, but we can control our responses to them. Atisha’s system of training enables us to get beyond our habitual reactive mind, and to engage in the world with kindness and compassion, enabling us to experience the beauty of life in its fullness. Join us for our online Dharma Night series following in the footsteps of the 11th century Buddhist teacher.
- 4 January 2022: All aboard! (Introduction to Mind Training)
- 11 January 2022: First things first (Point 1: The Preliminaries)
- 18 January 2022: And the main thing is… (Point 2:Training in the Relative Bodhicitta)
- 25 January 2022: And the really main thing is… (Point 2: Training in the Absolute Bodhicitta)
- 1 February 2022: The uncompromising alchemist (Point 3: Transforming all into the Way of Awakening)
- 8 February 2022: Leaving nothing out (Point 4: Utilising the Practice in our Whole Life)
- 15 February 2022: The joy of practice (Just Practising)
- 22 February 2022: Knowing the score (Point 5: Evaluating the Mind Training)
- 1 March 2022: Staying afloat (Point 6: Commitments of Mind Training)
- 8 March 2022: The Compass (Point 7: Guidelines for Mind Training)
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 260 085 614
You can make a donation via PayPal but if you’d prefer to give another way, the link also takes you to alternate methods. The suggested amount is a guideline, please feel free to pay what you can above or below the figure.