The Unobstructed Heart: Freeing the Energy Within
- Fri Aug 27th 2021
- Mon Aug 30th 2021
- 7:00 pm
- 5:30 pm
- Booking required
- The non-refundable booking fee for this retreat is £30, with a suggestion for additional voluntary donation of £60 (if you wish or are in a position to give this). We still want to make our events available to everyone who wants to attend so please contact the centre and ask for a bursary if you want to attend but can't manage the booking fee.
Amoghgasiddhi is the archetypal Buddha of action – his name means Unobstructed Success and his special wisdom is said to be all-accomplishing. On this weekend retreat we will explore how by freeing energy and directing energy more skilfully we can live a life that is more meaningful, more fulfilled and in line with our deepest values.
During the retreat we will focus on the tantric precepts, ethical guidelines based on the use of energy and look at how we use energy in our lives, noticing places where it may be blocked and seeing if we can use it more creatively.
1. Do not obstruct the energy of another person.
2. Do not drain the energy of others and give freely of your own energy.
3. Do not misuse energy.
4. Use energy that is appropriate to the given purpose.
5. Do not allow energy to become turgid, keeping it bright and clear.
Bodhilila and Prajñānītā
The easiest way to book is online - just click the button below.
Please make sure you have read all the details of the event, have made sure you are eligible to attend (eg for 'going deeper' events) and are willing to make any commitments that are required.
Bookings are fully refundable up to 7 days in advance. After that we cannot usually offer refunds.
You can also book in person at the Centre, or by sending a cheque payable to West London Buddhist Centre along with your name, email and phone number and the name and date of the event to:
The West London Buddhist Centre,
45a Porchester Rd,
London W2 5DP
Please include your name, email and phone number with your booking.
The retreat will include meditation, teaching input, reflection and discussion, mantra chanting and devotional practice. It will start on Friday at 7 pm (1.5 hours) with Session 4 and Introduction to the retreat, theme and Dedication Ceremony, and finish on Monday at 5.30 pm with Session 3, reporting out and Closing Ritual.
Session 1: 8 am – 9 am (UK time) Meditation
Session 2: 10.30 – 12.30 am (UK time) Talk, Practice, Groups
Session 3: 4 pm – 5.30 pm (UK Time) Meditation, Ritual
Session 4: 7 pm – 8.30 pm (UK Time) Talk, Practice